Unable to attend Board meeting on the Friday night due to family commitments but attended the Board meeting on the Saturday morning and The NC meeting in the afternoon.
I was unable to attend due to work & family commitments but Lembit was present and good feedback from the meeting. I continue to work closely with this initiative and all the off-shoots from it.
Good meeting, well attended. The Alliance party is looking at the possibility of entering candidates for Parish Councils in the NW Region as well as local council elections where no deposit is required but it gets the motorcycle logo on the ballet papers. The Motorcycle Alliance Party has unique use of the Motorcycle logo in political circles across the UK.
Keeping the National web-site up-to-date with the news items and meeting/contact details as well as the affiliated clubs page. Lesley Jones is well on the way to integration of member database with new website which will leave the way clear for Gregg to finish it off and go live.
· I have negotiated a contra-deal with the Manchester Event City Show for free stand space in the “posh” end 26th-27th March .
· Working closely with the organisers of the Great North West Motorcycle Festival so that MAG will have a very strong presence during the August Bank Holiday weekend.
· NW AGM 19th February 2017 following the NW Fred Hill Run. I will gladly step to one side if anyone volunteers for the position of NW Rep (flying pigs spring to mind!).
· Red Rose MAG have a planned Rock Night on 22nd April with camping at the Jesters MCC Rally site. They are also getting some more embroidered T-shirts produced for sale at events through the year.
· I am now dealing direct with the suppliers of MAG patches, badges and screen print T-shirts which has brought the piece price down considerably. Orders are in place for the agreed design of “Retro” merchandise in all three categories.
· Continuing to help produce and distribute the monthly NW Newsletter which is now also going out to the Isle of Man and this is paying benefits with closer ties with members on the Rock and the Moddey Dhoos MCC.
· Two new affiliated clubs in the NW helped (I hope) by personal contacts, presentations and information supplied by yours truly.
· I have secured an invitation to the “The Criminal, Dangerous and Anti-Social Use of Motorcycles Conference - 30th March 2017” being held at Haydock Racecourse by The National Police Chief’s Council. I will be attending this along with Steve Bolton of Huddersfield MAG.