I attended Board meeting on the Friday night and the Board meeting on the Saturday morning and The NC meeting in the afternoon.
Great turn out for our 13th consecutive NW Fred Hill run. Lancashire Telegraph met us at the cathedral and we got a write up in the next edition “Hill’s Angels are heaven sent at bikers’ blessing”
Very well attended AGM. Many thanks to Oliver Rose for attending and observing. All the usual suspects voted back in, including me for another year as RR.
Supported by Blayz and Salford MAG. Terrible weather but it was appreciated that MAG supported this event.
Got a good spot with the MAG stand in the “posh” end F.O.C. by doing a contra-deal on advertising with the organisers. Picked up 14 memberships, two affiliated clubs and sold~£1000 rally tickets and MAG products. I have purchased a new PayPal contactless card reader for £41 which paid for itself over the weekend with the increased sales. The new MAG Pipes yellow & black backdrops looked well !
Attended this event with Steven Bolton of Huddersfield MAG but do feel that Lembit or Leon should have been in attendance considering the high level and importance of this meeting. There were ~160 attendees including Police Chiefs from 20-30 different forces across the UK discussing how to tackle the “Criminal, Dangerous and Anti-Social use of Motorcycles”. Presentations were made by the Police, MCIA, Lawyers, Queens Council and many others. An excellent opportunity to network with some of the country’s top Police Chiefs. A full report to follow in the Road.
Keeping the National web-site up-to-date with the news items and meeting/contact details as well as the affiliated clubs page. Leslie Jones has been working on the self service area of the new web-site which has been trialled by members of the NC.
· Supporting Bill Green with equipment for running National MAG Stand with equipment & MAG products we have in the North West, latest being the Scottish Bike Show 11th-12th March.
· Continuing to work closely with the organisers of the Great North West Motorcycle Festival so that MAG will have a very strong presence during the August Bank Holiday weekend.
· Red Rose MAG have a planned Rock Night on 22nd April with camping at the Jesters MCC Rally site. They are also getting some more embroidered T-shirts produced for sale at events through the year.
· Retro patches, T-Shirts and badges have now been produced and available. Sold quite a few pin badges at the Manchester Bike Show.
· Continuing to help produce and distribute the monthly NW Newsletter. Past issues can be viewed on the North West MAG website. http://north-west-region.mag-uk.org