Attended the Board & NC Meetings. Minutes will be available at www.mag-uk.org
It was a well-attended event and made over £200 profit. The Rugby Club got a bit too enthusiastic with the supply of wood for the bonfire which had been supplied in a full 20 tonne skip. They also insisted on setting fire to it in one go and which resulted with the fire brigade being in attendance all evening trying to put it out, nothing to do with MAG thankfully!
Helped and participated out with the training weekend. Went very well and considered it to be a very worthwhile event.
I am now a trustee of the MAG Foundation and continue to work with Rory Wilson and Finbar Colson on moving the organisation forward. We are planning on holding an AGC on the Saturday morning of the February NC meeting. I think in the current climate and in light of recent attacks there are plenty of opportunities that the Foundation can assist with Rider Safety and Security.
I have been spending a lot of time getting familiar with WordPress so that I can continue development of the new website. I have asked a number of members on the NC for feedback on the site to assist in the development but so far have had zero response. If anyone would like to get involved in the design/critic/proof reading etc….. than please get in touch as I have not the time to do this all singlehanded.
I am continuing to keep the National web-site up-to-date with the news items and meeting/contact details as well as the affiliated clubs page until the new site is ready for release, hopefully early next year.
· Working on an idea to get the MAG stand back to the TTs next year and combine exchanging some advertising space in the Road for displaying MAG Banners around the course. Definitely WIP at the moment!
· Continuing to help produce and distribute the monthly NW Newsletter. Past issues can be viewed on the North-West MAG website. http://north-west-region.mag-uk.org
· Blackpool MAG have booked Fleetwood Rugby Club for the annual rally 29th June – 1st July 2018. This is going to clash with Manchester HA Rock & Bike Fest event on the same weekend and so anticipating some discussions are going to be taking place in the very near future. It has just been announced that there will be no Bulldog this year so dates may change?
· Red Rose MAG have been running a Christmas Raffle which is going very well.
· Morecambe & Lancaster Mag are re-branding themselves to Morecambe & District MAD MAG, and are moving venues in the New Year.
· All other NW groups are quite but functional.
Will not be at the December Board and NC as other personal commitments have taken priority.